Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
A cardiac, thoracic and endovascular surgeon performs a range of invasive and noninvasive surgical procedures. Surgeons use advanced equipment and techniques to diagnose, manage and treat heart and vascular disease.
Some common diagnoses include:
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Carotid stenosis
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Lung mass
- Aortic valve disease
- Mitral valve disease
Cardiothoracic surgeons operate on the heart, lungs and other organs in the chest. Coronary artery disease is one of the most common diseases treated. One of the best ways to reduce the chance of heart damage is to discover the problem early and begin treatment as soon as possible. Today's advanced cardiac diagnostic and interventional capabilities are on your side.
Cardiovascular surgeons at TexomaCare perform:
- Beating heart bypass surgery
- Valve repair and replacement
- Aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Benign and malignant pulmonary disease
- Minimally invasive surgery
Endovascular surgery is a form of minimally invasive surgery that allows surgeons to access many regions of the body through major blood vessels.
- Endovascular repair of abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Diagnostic and interventional abdominal and peripheral angiography, including stenting, angioplasty and/ or atherectomy
- Thrombolysis for arterial occlusions, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolisms (blood clot in the lungs)
Open Vascular Surgery
Vascular disorders can impair or block blood flow through arteries and veins, or cause them to enlarge (become aneurysmal). It can affect any or many parts of the body resulting in stroke, kidney failure, limb ischemia, or even death. TexomaCare has the advanced equipment that physicians need to focus on early detection, treatment and prevention of circulatory problems.
- Ascending and thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Peripheral bypass grafts
- Open embolectomy and/or thrombolysis
As a service to our patients, we offer safe, secure and encrypted web access to your medical records called Patient Portal. You can log in to see your scheduled appointments, contact information, lab and pathology results and current medications. Patient Portal is HIPAA compliant and even more secure than email in protecting your information.
This is a free service to all TexomaCare patients.