Cardiac, thoracic and endovascular surgeons perform a range of invasive and noninvasive surgical procedures. Surgeons use advanced equipment and techniques to diagnose, manage and treat heart and vascular disease.
Some common diagnoses include:
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Carotid stenosis
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Lung mass
- Aortic valve disease
- Mitral valve disease
Cardiothoracic surgeons operate on the heart, lungs and other organs in the chest. Coronary artery disease is one of the most common diseases treated. One of the best ways to reduce the chance of heart damage is to discover the problem early and begin treatment as soon as possible. Today's advanced cardiac diagnostic and interventional capabilities are on your side.
Cardiovascular surgeons at TexomaCare perform:
- Beating heart bypass surgery
- Valve repair and replacement
- Aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Benign and malignant pulmonary disease
- Minimally invasive surgery
Endovascular surgery is a form of minimally invasive surgery that allows surgeons to access many regions of the body through major blood vessels.
Common diagnoses include:
- Endovascular repair of abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Diagnostic and interventional abdominal and peripheral angiography, including stenting, angioplasty and/or atherectomy
- Thrombolysis for arterial occlusions, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolisms (blood clot in the lungs)
Open Vascular Surgery
Vascular disorders can impair or block blood flow through arteries and veins, or cause them to enlarge (become aneurysmal). It can affect any or many parts of the body resulting in stroke, kidney failure, limb ischemia or even death. TexomaCare has the advanced equipment that physicians need to focus on early detection, treatment and prevention of circulatory problems.
- Ascending and thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Peripheral bypass grafts
- Open embolectomy and/or thrombolysis
Texoma Cardiovascular Surgeons
600 E. Taylor, Suite 100
Sherman, Texas 75092